When we get to MK, Bryce volunteers to take Jackson on Space Mt. Who is this & what have you done with my surly 18 year old? Off they go, and from then on, Jackson swears this is his favorite ride of the whole trip. Bryce says he screamed the whole time, but Jackson just loved that Bryce took him. Alec went to FP BTMRR, then he rode it & Splash by himself. Danny took Joshy to get the stroller while Emily & I raced for the castle. Too bad I didn’t know where I was going!!
We had to go around to the back, because of a show being set up, but that’s where you go in, anyway. The back of the castle, then to your right. We get there by 1:10. I’m sure they are going to turn us away for being so late. The CM just says “No problem! Pick out your hairstyle & which package will it be?” Lovely!! I get the package with the nails, no dress. Like I said, more into Jonas & really too big for most of the princess dresses anyway. Besides, why am I going to pay another $100 for it?
She picks out the princess hair. Really?? Is this the same girl who won’t let me put her hair in a ponytail? Are you sure? You don’t want some crazy color spiked up on your head? Ok, then. Whatever you want. This is your princess day, Sugar! By this time, Danny pulls up with a sleeping Joshua, who they won’t let come in with the stroller, so he sits on the ground, right outside the door, in the shade & lets the baby sleep. Our TA told us we needed our own brush, so I had it, but they didn’t need it. She got a little bag with the comb they used, the make-up & both bottles of fingernail polish. I was pleased that the make-up & polish was so subtle. You could tell she had it on, but that it really was for play.
This child loved every minute of this experience!! I had almost cancelled it, because she just seemed a little old, but I’m so glad I didn’t! It was priceless. She refused to take the hair down until it just got ridiculous. I think it lasted 4 days?? Kinda gross, I know, but she never gets to be a true princess in our house full of pirates. Her Fairy Godmother was lovely & asked her all about her family & brothers. We decided they are much more pirate than prince, most of the time.
By the time we get done, Bryce has deposited Jackson from his Space Mt experience & gone to meet up with Alec. I had to get a picture of Cinderella's dress. And Jackson had to try to pull the sword from the stone.
He didn't get it. I told you they were all pirates!! After Emily’s photo session, we decide to meet the boys in front of the castle for a photo pass picture.
And lost Joshua for about 30 seconds. He stayed back with the photographer after we were done! The big boys take off again. We decide to see how busy the barber shop is on our way out. I had decided to get Joshua’s 1st hair cut there. It wasn’t busy at all, so in we go. Jackson gets a cool dude cut & color while Joshua is fighting his way through his first cut. Too cute!! Not too short, but at least people will quit calling him a girl. It didn’t help that we had been wearing pink & tie-dye, but just the same.
Alec catches up to us & wants his done, too. By this time, it’s a little busy, but he waits. Bryce goes on to the cabin. We realize the parade is going to start right where we are. Why not stay to watch? We’re watiting for Alec at this point, anyway. Tut tut, it looks like rain… We had used the dollar store ponchos this morning already. Time to get them out again. I duck into the store right there & see if they have umbrellas, too. That hair is not getting messed up!! I found out that most cashiers have $10 umbrellas behind the counters. Good deal. $20 later, we have umbrellas.
After a bit of rain, they do the parade. It’s cute, but we shouldn’t have stayed for it. And Alec STILL isn’t done. I check on him. He says to go ahead & leave & he’ll catch the next boat. Ok, we’d better go. It looks like it’s going to really rain, now. Which it is by the time we get to the boat. We get to sit inside! And it starts POURING!!! So hard that we couldn’t see where we were going. The waves were crashing, too, and it took 3 tries before we got into the dock. We had called Bryce to bring the cart back to get us. No way was I going to wait for a bus, even though it probably would’ve been drier. Emily’s hair made it through the ordeal just fine, but Jackson wasn’t as careful. His cute faux-hawk was just color by now, with sprinkles in it. Oh well, he wanted to leave it like that. Somebody went back for Alec right away with the golf cart. He didn’t get to have the color, since it was already raining out.
He did go in & get himself an umbrella, though. “To remember Magic Kingdom by.” We were back at the cabin around 4. Not good TGMing, I know, but Joshua did have a nap in the park & everyone just watched tv & sat around for about 2 hours. No asking about swimming, either, since it was raining so much, so just lazy. The kids got to eat some of their treats from Goofy’s Candy Co, too.
We had a bunch of FPs to use up! There was no question, we were going back into MK. We were back through the gates before 7. We hadn’t ridden Buzz yet, & had FPs, so we thought we’d do it before dinner. We had no idea if it would be “too much” to do afterwards. It was one of the kids’ favorites!! We had grabbed a FP for something when we got back to the park, but I don’t remember what.
We decided to eat dinner at Cosmic Ray’s. That place is confusing & not very good.
Joshua had his first accident of the trip after dinner. I did mention the part about him deciding to potty train in March, instead of AFTER our trip to Disney, didn't I?
I sent Danny out for his change of clothes & Emily comes back to the family bathroom with it. Danny kinda freaked out after sending her in alone. What if she couldn’t find me? I was in the same bathroom we had gone to before, so we didn’t need the ladies he sent into the ladies room.
After dinner, the big boys rode Space & we went to Monster’s Inc. Cute show & Jackson got picked by the little monster at the end! She picked him for his “cool hair” then showed the whole family, because we like to wash all our colors together. She asked Jack if he knew what he wanted to be when he grew up. He says “yes,” so she says, “well, what?” He says “A millionaire” without skipping a beat. The audience laughs, & I’m thrilled that he got some pixie dust today, too. We got some comments afterward about how smart our son is. It was about 9:05 when we got out. Our next FP window was at 9:25, so we went to get some free water & wait for a bit. We pulled FPs for Buzz at 9:25 with a 10:05 return time. We went to the Tomorrowland bridge & watched the last of Spectro & waited for Wishes. We got a Photopass pic with the castle lit in the background that I’m still searching for. The big boys rode stuff the whole time, using up FPs along the way.
Wishes was awesome! We were right under Tinkerbell’s wire & I videoed the entire thing, as well as taking a few nice FW shots. A nice man in front of us had Emily & Jackson come stand right at the railing with his own kids. Danny put Joshua up on his shoulders. I had a good view, because the stroller was in front of me. We handed out some glow bracelets while we were standing there waiting, too. That was fun. This was our one really late night. The next day was a rest day, so I figured we might as well make the most of it!
(That last picture was as we were leaving. I know Jackson is a total blur & I have no idea who the lady is to the right, but the picture of the castle & Main Street was really good!!)
As soon as Wishes was over, we were in a perfect position to go back into TL to use our FPs for Buzz. This was the first time, but not the last, I actually heard a lady in the stand-by line complaining about us passing her. Excuse me, but FPs are free. Anyone can get them. It’s not my fault you didn’t read your MAP!! I mean, you don’t even have to do any research to find out about them! By the time we got off, it was about 10:30. The boys wanted to stay late, it was EMH that night. It took me forever to get them to understand that they needed their KTTW cards if they were going to actually DO anything! Finally we met them near the front of the castle & they were off again.
We got some water bottle toppers & lanyards, because I had been looking for them, & Mickey bars to eat on the way out. We went to catch a bus after our boat ride back, since Bryce had the cart keys again. That was ok, though, because Joshua fell asleep with Danny carrying him to the bus, & we just laid him down when we got to the cabin. The kids went to sleep nearly still in their clothes! The boys had fun at EMH for about an hour or so & made it to the cabin by 12:30 probably. I was glad they could just get in the cart & come back instead of having to wait for a bus.
Sorry about the overload of pictures.
This was a favorite park & a must do on DAY ONE from now on!! I tried to size them as medium, but I can't really tell if that works better than the small. They sure seem small in my preview window!
No comments:
Post a Comment