Monday, June 28, 2010

June 2 – Epcot day - Would it turn out ok? Would it be a mistake to do Epcot first? We'll see... 

 

We decide NOT to use the golf cart to get to the bus stop. Really?? That was kind of the point of having it? Anyway, it was soon realized by some that this was a mistake, & we used it from then on. Before we left, I bought some of our school lanyards & card holders because they were really cheap for end of the year closeout, & I thought "What a great way for everyone to carry their KTTW & FPs!" I have all of us big people (over 12) put ours into one, but none of us got the lanyards out. The big boys also had brief touring plans on laminated cards I had printed for them. That was a really good idea, but more on that later. I LOSE my KTTW on the way to the bus!! It was actually on the bus & I got it back after a day, but still. I bought a lanyard to put it in as soon as we got into the park. I think I did that when I got the stroller & got a mister fan, too. 
We make it to RD & our big boys get everyone FPs for Soarin’ then they ride it, MS, FP it & ride TT, all before 10:30. 

We had to go to guest relations & get me a paper ticket because something went wrong with our reservation that we had to have fixed at the resort. (Whole long story there.) Anyway, we rent the stroller & take off for the Seas. Stitch is just coming out on our way past, so we stop (not in the plan, but he’s Joshy’s fav). Joshua runs up, then runs away!! Very cute. We get our first picture with Stitch, & we’re back on track. Or so I thought. 

  

Ok, so we stopped at the Character Connection (it was open at RD, for those of you wondering, not 10) & waited no more than 10 minutes for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto & Goofy!!! 
Ok, so you have to hear this story about Jackson. He is a real firecracker. Not afraid of anything or anyone. Even older bro Bryce gets frustrated with him, because he will go toe to toe with him in a verbal contest & not back down. Jack was being himself & feeling like this was baby stuff, I think, so when we get up to see Mickey, he is a mess. He ends up tapping Mickey or kicking him, jokingly, and Mickey sends him to time-out!! He wouldn’t even let him be in the whole group picture!! I was hilarious. Jackson was a little shocked at this treatment, but he behaved himself for the rest of the characters! edit: Jackson just told me that he hit Mickey on the ear! We were looking at the Photopass pics. :) 

 

This was really NOT on my plan for today. I mean, stopping for characters…FIRST!!?? It really was a great detour & by this time (10 minutes after Stitch), Joshua has the hang of the character thing & loves it. At least this is out of the way, & we don’t have to do it on our 2nd Epcot day like I had planned. By this time, it’s only about 9:30. We head on into the seas to ride Nemo. This does not go well. It’s completely empty but Emily & Joshua both freak out about the dark part!! Not good for the first ride. Next it’s on to Crush. Very cool, even though Jackson is the only one who will sit on the floor. 

 

By the time we get out, it’s closing in on 10:20. We have a 10:45 ADR at Akershus. I can’t get a hold of the big boys!! Will we even make it for lunch??? (insert suspenseful music) 

No comments: