Monday, June 28, 2010

June 8 – DHS aka: Lori forgets the camera

Joshy may or may not be running a fever, but I give him a Motrin, throw meds in the bag & off we go. There was some talk about staying in, but we decided to go ahead. We could always run to the first aid station or whatever was in the park, if it looked like he had more than a random fever. 

I realize when we’re on the bus that I’ve forgotten my camera!!  I NEVER go anywhere without that thing! No turning back now, though, we can’t be late or we won’t get 2 rides on TSMM, my reason for going. My saving grace, sort of, today was that I had just upgraded phones to a droid that has a 5 mp camera. That's better than my first digital was, & I used it for 3+ years! It's a bit tricky to hold still, though, as you'll see in some of the pictures.  I had also forgotten the SWW shirts to exchange. This would also come back to bite me.  We were a little later than the other day, but still before RD. Today was green instead of yellow, too. RD was way closer this morning. A little truck with a “film crew” show just a little way up the street. 

 

Crowds were pushy, but boys still made good time to FP machines. We were farther back in the queue than I would have like. LOTS more ropes set up. I think the posted wait said 60 minutes, but I made us get in the line anyway, since it was constantly moving. Alec caught up to us to ride & Bryce headed over to do ToT & RnRc. He wanted to get to MK to see if they could fix his watch that broke on the plane. They couldn’t. He wasted a lot of time getting there & didn’t get anything accomplished!  I think he ate lunch, then headed back to the cabin. 

We were in the TSMM stand-by line 10 minutes, constantly moving. I took a few pics with the droid, & they’re not too bad. 

   

As soon as we got off, Buzz & Woody were coming out across the street, so we went to see them. There were lots of cute cut-outs in the line, which was pretty fast. Alec was mad that he didn’t have a pillowcase, too, so he got a book & went back…  

   

Joshua was still cranky & wanted to be held most of the time. Our photopass pic is a little better than mine, but not much! 
I wanted everyone else to see Muppetvision, so we head that way. We walk by the Cars & go to see them as a photopass guy is walking up. Thank goodness, since I don’t have my real camera!! Jackson had gotten in trouble for climbing on the cars, so he was mad until we got into the show. 

   

After Muppets, we meet Alec back around LMA. I wanted the kids to play on the HISTK playground. I have pictures there of Bryce & Alec when they were tiny! 

  
   

After that, we go to TSMM for our second ride. It’s obvious Joshua isn’t 100%. He’s cranky, wants to be carried the whole time, so we decide that was enough for the day & head to lunch. We had done everything I wanted to, anyway. TSMM & playing on the playground, even if Bryce wasn’t there to totally recreate the moment.  

Lunch ADR at 50’s Prime Time Café for 11:15. It was so much fun!! Our waiter kept getting on to Jackson for standing up, elbows on the table, taking too long to order. Then he’d squirt him with a mister bottle through the window. It was so funny!  

 

As we're leaving the park, I stop to trade in my mister fan, which won't spray, for one that does. I had also undone the strap & couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work right! The new ones seems so simple to operate, but I still haven't let anyone undo the velcro completely! Danny also found a safari hat!! Too bad he didn't try it on until AFTER he paid for it. It was a child's size! Now Emily has a hat.  

We get back to the cabin to find out that Bryce has turned Mousekeeping away again!!! He could have just left for a few minutes!  I gave Joshua some Motrin & put him down for a nap. Danny took Bryce to go do laundry with the Purex sheets we brought & some of the quarters from the penny pressing money. We never did do that many pennies. It was good to have laundry done & out of the way. I brought a hamper & intended to do it on Saturday, but we rested instead. We really needed 2 hampers with 7 of us, though! Anyway, laundry done, we went for a swim when Joshua woke up. He was feeling better. Not sure if that was just the Motrin talking though. 

  

We had missed our 3:00 ADR at T-Rex this afternoon. Oops. We decided to head over to DTD to eat at Wolfgang Puck’s again. I had the meatloaf that Danny had the first night we went there. It was so good!! Mashed potatoes on the bottom & some sort of onion ring mess on top. Alec got the same, & the kids all got pizza or mac & cheese. Not sure about Danny? Then the cheesecake. Equally yummy. Danny went into World of Disney alone to look for the elusive hat. A squashable, soft, safari hat. The rest of us wander over to T-Rex to take Joshua in to see the big dinosaurs. It didn’t go very well. They roar, you know. ;) And that Lego store was a nightmare!! If you're going to spend any time here, do it early in the day! 

   

Jackson got in trouble again here for climbing & had a meltdown. He said he wasn't having fun anymore because he kept getting yelled at. Well, I'm sorry, Bear, but if you keep doing things you know you're not supposed to, then don't stop after being asked, what did you expect? Today was a bit of a trial for everyone, though. In hindsight, we probably would have been better off taking a complete rest day or going to a water park. That goes in the notes for next time! We walked out Pleasure Island toward the bus stop. Bryce picked up a belt & a pair of shoes in the surf shop. I’m glad I don’t have to buy his shoes anymore! He has a fetish. We were back in the cabin & in bed pretty early. 

Tomorrow is the day before we go home!! What will we do on our last full day?? Stay tuned… 

No comments: