Monday, June 28, 2010

Epcot day 1 take 2 
Well, I kind of fibbed when we checked in at Akershus right at 10:45. I said we were all there. The boys were racing from TT, but still hadn’t made it when they called us to our table!! I was nearly freaking out, but all was ok. They let us in with no problem. Emily was the only one who wanted to be in the picture with Belle, not that Bryce & Alec were even there. I regret not making everyone do it, now, but there’s always next time!! 


  

We were sitting down about 11 & that was our longest wait for an ADR the whole trip. The brunch was really good. I was horrible about taking food porn pics, too. By the time we ate, I just wanted to EAT!! We got to see Belle, Snow White, Arial, Aurora, and Cinderella!! Emily was way more thrilled that I thought she would be. She’s really more into Jonas right now than princesses. We also opted to make pillowcases for all the characters to sign instead of autograph books. I just wish I had thought to bring an embroidery hoop! Those are our 2 sets of FPs we had at lunch. The boys rode TT stand-by that morning & got some FPs after lunch, I think. 

  

After lunch, I took Emily & Joshua & went to find the pick-a-pearl in Japan while the big boys did Maelstrom & used up FPs & Danny took Jackson, & a couple of FPs, to Green M:S and Soarin’. Pick a pearl was fun. I got a 7mm pale pink one, & Emily got twins, both over 6mm! I had gotten carriage pearl cages on e-bay back in April. Now, I need to get Emily another one! 

 

We finished walking out WS & stopped to get Emily & Joshua’s silhouettes made in France, a specific request from MIL. By this time, Alec’s feet were hurting from clomping around in his giant basketball shoes (he already wears a 13), & it was time for a break. About 1:00. This was the earliest we made it out of any park! I got sucked into the "just one more thing" syndrome.  Danny gave Alec his Nike Frees after that & just wore his new Vibram Five Fingers the rest of our trip. 

For those of you with questions about that, I've inserted a picture. Yes, they are gloves for your feet. Yes, he loves them. He is even running in them, now. 

 

At some point in Epcot, Alec also lost his KTTW. Probably getting FPs. While we rested, Danny spent over an hour trying to straighten out our reservation & get us new cards. The reservation got corrupted somehow & they had to rebuild it all!! So we all ended up needing new cards. We also had to keep a close eye on our dining credits so we got all we were supposed to have. We’d already each used up 3 TS by this point. 

We spent an hour or so “swimming” at the Meadows pool. I can’t really call it swimming, since the entire pool is only 3 feet deep, but they did the water slide & Joshua & Emily enjoyed the kiddie play area. This was our only trip to this pool. Our kids wanted to SWIM!! The pool closer to us went from 3 feet to about 8, so that’s where we went the rest of the trip. We spent the evening in DTD instead of going back to Epcot. I’m not sure why the kids didn't want to go back to the park, but I think it had something to do with all the walking involved there.  I got a couple of Christmas ornaments & a fridge magnet, both travel traditions. It’s hard to find nice, non-breakable ornaments!! 

Ate a very good sandwich @ Earl of Sandwich & used up a few snack credits at Goofy’s Candy Shop. Yummy fudge & the little kids picked out covered marshmallows that they ate on another afternoon. We also had the kids design their own Mickey Ears. I was surprised that Bryce wanted to do this, too. He did not, however, get the graduation ears I wanted him to. After taking this lovely picture, we headed back to the cabin. Everyone was in bed by 9 & asleep very quickly!! A quick word about Joshua, he has only been potty trained since late March, not great timing, but when you get the opportunity, you take it. I think that's all I'll say about that! 

 

No comments: