Monday, June 28, 2010

June 9 – Epcot? 

My plan was to go to Epcot today. I did have 2 ADRs, though, at The Wave and Teppan Edo, in case everyone wanted to do something else. They were up for Epcot. We didn’t spend a lot of time here on our first day, so we were all ready to go back. 

We didn’t really make RD. Pretty close, though. Bryce goes to get 3 FPs for Soarin & then does SOAT. He really enjoyed that & was a little sorry he didn’t do it the first day, too. Alec took Jackson to FP MS with the other 3 tickets, then ride it. Alec tried to take him on Orange.  Jackson backed out. I could’ve told him that would happen. Then they went to TT. 

Danny & I got the stroller & took Emily & Joshua over to the Seas. We snuck the Nemo ride in on them.  

   

It went better than day 1, probably because they knew what to expect & when to cover their eyes! We spent a lot of time in the Seas looking in the aquariums. Joshua has a thing for fish, sharks especially, & dolphins. We were the only ones there for a while & this one dolphin kept swimming right up to us & doing twists & turns. It was really cool. We saw Dory & Nemo, of course, and I attempted to get a picture with the fish. Joshua won't stand still long enough for anything!  

   

The boys all finally get through Nemo & catch up with us. We probably had time to do Turtle Talk, but we didn’t. We headed to the Land, instead, about 10 am. Bryce didn’t want to do Soarin’ again, so he & Alec took off to use some FPs on MS & TT. We got a rider swap for Soarin’ & I sent Danny & Jackson in to ride. We used up several snack credits on candy.  Alec wanted to ride Soarin’, so he caught up to us while we were snacking. After Danny & Jack get off, I take Alec & Jackson back on Soarin’. This was my first & only time to ride. It is really cool!! I also saw the Tron monorail for the first time. I didn't think it was as bad as people were saying. I thought the Mickey-head balloon stickers on the windows of the rest of the monorails were much more annoying. 

  

Danny took Emily & Joshua out to find the stroller. 

We decided to go find the Velcro frogs after this. It is right as you’re walking from The Land, into the doors on the first building on your left. This was pretty fun. Bryce had gone to the show, too, at some point & said it was lame. We didn’t watch the show, just walked in the back, I guess, & made frogs. 

At this point, it’s probably close to 11:15. We need to be in Japan by 12:10. It is a long walk!!  Danny finally finds a hat, while Alec & Jackson play in the water nearby, & Bryce & I take Emily & Joshua on to Japan. Teppan Edo was really good & a lot of fun, but we love teppan-yaki, anyway, so I knew this would be a hit. What I didn’t count on was Joshua eating his entire meal, including rice & a fruit cup, with chop sticks! They were rigged for kids, but still, pretty impressive, I thought.  

 

After lunch, Bryce headed by boat to exchange our SWW shirts. Or so I thought. He had actually gone to TT & MS before he left! This was a long ordeal. I should have done it myself & saved him some stress. 

The rest of us walked out WS. I would really like to explore the countries some time!! Danny gets a espresso in Italy & Alec gets iced cappuccino. 

 

Then it was off to FP on TT. I got a rider swap & send Danny & Jackson in. We only had 2 actual FPs for this one. This is where we actually run into Bryce, still riding when I thought he had gone to DHS! The rest of us explore the store & Alec sits in a Camero. Jack wienies out AFTER they turned in the FPs!! Alas, I would not be riding this one, either. I send Danny & Alec back in with my rider swap, & I stay with the little guys. 

 

Until Joshua starts running back & forth. This means he has to poop.  Off we go to find a bathroom. Not too far, so I take Josh in to do his business & tell him if he does it, he can play in the water. Success! Off we go, back to play in the Cool Wash. Of course, we have to use some snack credits on icees! Yummy! 

  

We are all a little wiped out by this point, so we decide to skip MS & just go to the cabin. It’s probably 3 by the time we get back. Since we leave tomorrow & don’t want to be up til midnight, it’s time to pack. This was pretty easy. Everything was in extra WDW bags, sorted by person. I just packed it up, bags & all. When we came, I packed all our shirts together by day in big Ziploc bags. This was extremely handy, but the big boys were annoyed that their clothes were with everyone elses. After naps & packing, we hit the pool one last time.  We had ordered food to be delivered on our arrival day. Mostly breakfast stuff: bagels & cream cheese, cereal, milk, eggs, frozen waffles & frozen fruit. We hadn’t eaten any of the eggs or fruit & very few waffles, so we decided to make that in the cabin for supper instead of using our last CS credits tonight. That way we wouldn’t be wasting as much food & would have credits for tomorrow at lunch. We had a souvenier voucher for Planet Hollywood & still hadn’t gotten our parents anything, so Bryce & Danny went to DTD for gifts, shipped home, and to use up snack credits on some Mickey rice krispy treats.  

In bed by 9, so we can make our early ADR for breakfast at Ohana’s! 

No comments: