Monday, June 28, 2010

Here's a picture of our remaining sets of FPs. Along with my Disney planning notebook & my pouch that held the KTTW cards.  

 

We really enjoyed our rides on the boats. Much more pleasant than the busses, imho. I figure it's probably faster, too, since we totally skip the TTC.  

  

We headed back to MK about 5 to use FPs, eat, and make sure we have a silhouette done of Bryce. Well right beside that is the jewelry store, so Emily & I make bracelets, which takes me longer than everyone else wanted. The boys get watches, except for Bryce. Who finds out, he thinks, that they can fix his new watch that broke on the flight in. Here's a pic of the jewelry. The black watch is Alec's & the little boys both got Toy Story interchangeable ones. My bracelet is the red, white & black one on the left, then there's Emily's bracelet & her pearl cage necklace. Move it parade was going by as we waited for the silhouettes. 

  

We get another set of Buzz FPs then ride with one set from the morning. I think Bryce & Alec went to Space instead? By this time, I think we had 3 sets of Buzz FPs.  We decided to have dinner at Pecos Bill’s, since we were less than impressed with Cosmic Ray’s.  It was less confusing & had the touch screen ordering, which was nice. The food was way better, too. It was PACKED, though. We had a hard time finding a table. We ended up crowding around one, then snatching the one next to us as soon as the other people left. The big boys took off for BTMRR & Splash while we looked around Frontierland. We decided to skip HM.  Emily would have totally freaked out, I think. IASW is a much better fit for her. Although, we was worried about the boats after our PoC ride! We waited no more than 10 minutes. So classic!  

   

After that, it’s time to meet the boys at Space so Danny & I can ride, too. We had FPs, but I don’t have in my notes when we got them.  Maybe we sent Alec while we got Bryce's silhouette done. The big boys ride first. The plan was for them to ride, then Danny & I take Jackson, then all go ride Buzz twice before leaving. Well, they had some music going on & Jack was being crazy & dancing around on the concrete. He falls & hits his head on the bench. He is a bit dramatic & is screaming that his back is broken & he’s dying.  Good grief. I manage to get him calmed down, but he’s still pretty upset. He decides that he’s too injured to ride Space, but that he could do Buzz. We had one set of 6 FPs for Buzz & another set of 4 from first thing in the morning. Ok. Bryce & Alec come over & we send them on Buzz with the 3 little ones. It actually works better to do that than just have them sitting around. They got along great & had fun riding without parents! Danny & I enjoy our Space Mountain ride all alone. I hadn’t ridden this in a really long time. Maybe when we come for a band trip in 1988? In any case, it was a lot of fun. Another classic! We had planned to ride Buzz again all together, but everyone was cranky, & we kind of lost everyone but Bryce after riding Space. I guess they all came to the shop where the ride gets out, but we only see Bryce. He said something about everyone else being at the entrance to the shop, maybe? I don’t know, but we went over to Buzz looking for them. Alec isn’t answering his phone….it was madness for a bit. We finally found them. They were at the entrance to the Space store, but we never saw them. After that, we decided to skip Buzz & leave. We used the Main Street shops to leave, thanks TGM!! We’re out by 9:45. We see the new fireworks from the boat, but without the music, it wasn’t anything special. Joshua crashes & doesn’t move until about midnight. When he wakes up. With a fever!!  

Do I have a thermometer? No. Lori, who has packed every medicine we could possibly need, in child & adult strength, every size Ziploc known to man, every kind of water bottle flavoring I could find (which we never used), enough band-aids to stop the bleeding on any wound save a limb amputation, I have no thermometer!!!! I can tell he has a fever when I touch him, so it’s got to be fairly high. Off to find the Motrin, which I can’t find in the dark, but I find Tylenol. Good enough. It’s chewable, so he’s fine taking it. Wants more, actually. Great. My kid thinks medicine is candy. Fabulous. He crashes again after peeing. I spent a good deal of the night touching him to see if the fever is down. I spent a lot of time wondering what could be wrong, what if he has heatstroke, afraid we’ll spend the rest of the trip in the hospital. Should I just call 911 now & get it over with? Now you have to understand that I am not a mom that takes their kid to the dr every time they throw up or run fever, which my mother did.  They have to be actually sick, not just a stomach bug or a random fever that only lasts 8 hours. That said, I was a little freaked out. And afraid to tell Danny. He lives in fear of the kids being sick at home, much less on vacation!!  

No comments: