Someone woke me up at 8 AM. Ugh. We were supposed to sleep in today?? Who didn’t get the memo? The only thing we have a plan for is lunch at Whispering Canyon Café. I think our ADR was at 11:45. This was a good choice, since we only had to take a quick boat ride. Or was it? (ominous music, again)
Here is everyone in their Phineas & Ferb shirts I made. We love that show! Danny's is Doofenschmirtz with the FastPasses. It's cute. I wish it was showing!!
The food was good at WCC & the wait staff was funny. Nothing like I was expecting, though. It isn't a "must do," just an :eat there if we stay at Wilderness Lodge."
The lodge itself was awesome. I would love to stay here. Emily was worried there would be heads on the wall, but we were in the clear. The kids ended up with shakes for dessert. I think Danny & I gave them ours, maybe. Not a good idea in hindsight. I have to say here that we usually give Emily a digestive enzyme with each meal. I had a tiny bottle of them in the Vera. Did I have any today? No. I did not. Let’s just say that the shake plus the boat was not a good combo. The did have a hose at the dock, & things were fine the rest of the day. The big boys decide to head to Typhoon Lagoon while the rest of us nap. If it hadn’t stormed, we would have joined them later.
It was finally clear enough for us to swim about 5, but not enough time to get back to TL.
We took a bus to DTD about 6:30 & ate EoS again. Yummy, but full of teenagers tonight. We thought shopping would be a good idea tonight & wandered around to the other side. I had an ADR on Tuesday the 8th at T-Rex…at 3 PM! It’s all I could get, though, and Joshy LOVES dinosaurs, so I figured it was a snack or nothing. I didn’t know if we’d make it, though, so we went to see if we could get in to Build-a-Dino & see some of the dinosaurs on this night. No problem, they say. So we have to build 4 dinosaurs. Joshua, Jackson, Emily, and ALEC!! Have I mentioned that he’s a 5’7” five year old?
It was fun. Actually less expensive than I thought, considering we got 4 full size dinos with clothes & some baby ones, too. After this, we try to find the bus stop for the Paradise Island side. It’s 4 miles across a parking lot!! Oh well, still closer than trekking all the way back to the other side. At some point we’ve lost Bryce. I think he went over to the surf shop to buy shorts. He hasn’t made it to the bus stop when our bus pulls up, so Alec waits for him & the next bus. It’s probably 9 by the time we get in bed. Not too bad, and we’ve had a pretty restful day.
Next up, Star Wars Weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment