Monday, June 28, 2010

June 6 – DHS SWW 

We were up & ready to go in our Star Wars shirts. This day was totally for me. I'm a huge Star Wars fan & wanted to kind of soak in the experience. My boys are fans, too, and DH puts up with it. Apparently all of my group pics are just on Photopass. I guess I'll add those later. 

We were at security by 8:15 & headed over to an empty turnstile on the left. My kids looked at me like I was nuts, but they opened it up, like I said they would! We saw the little show by the storm troopers & Boba Fett was up there, too. Very cool! 

 

We walked quickly up to the rope, which was way up beside the hat, but we were down on the right by Starring Rolls, for some reason. My trusty FP volunteers, Bryce & Alec were about 3 people back. You can see Alec's hair & Bryce is just to his right, both in white. Good grief. They are almost the same height! 

  

The rest of us, after getting the stroller were a little farther back, but not much. Emily was trying not to let her princess hair touch the top. It was already hot, too. And if anyone's wondering, the Disney strollers DO fit 2 60+ pound children, plus a third on top at times.  We got this far, I didn’t really know where to go, since I hadn’t been to this park since 98 & a lot had changed. Plus, we never did rope drop then & just wandered around finding stuff to do.  I was glad we had a few minutes to look at the map in relation to what we were actually seeing. 

The boys were about the 5th ones through to the FP machines, then went to ride RnRc and ToT. The rest of us rode TSMM standby. I hesitate to call it a walk-on, because there were SOOO many people, but the lined moved the entire time. I think the posted wait was 30 minutes, but we were on the ride in 10. 

  

I swear that's not Danny's normal smile. He was being stupid for the camera.  I keep telling people just to do this ride first thing. Nobody is coming in with FPs yet, so it’s not really a wait, despite what the line looks like. We LOVED this ride!!! So much fun! We were out & at the stroller about 9:25, so we went to find the boys to get the FPs for later. Danny & the boys decided to ride RnRc standby again. I took Emily, Jackson & Joshua to see BatB, after I grabbed FPs for RnRc as soon as the window opened. It was a really good show!! Not as impressive as FotLK, maybe, but we really enjoyed it. We didn’t get very good seats, as we got to the 10:15 show at 10:13, but it was right there! What else were we gonna do? 

 

Everyone catches up to us by the end of the show, so we decided to go use our TSMM FPs. I win!!! 

Now, it’s about 11:15 and we are off to find Sci-Fi Dine-In. On the way, we see the Power Rangers come out! Had to get a few pictures, since they won't be here long, but nobody was interested in waiting for autographs, & Joshua was a little scared of them. Did I mention that it was hot today? 

 

I had thought we would just skip Sci-Fi Dine-In in favor of watching the SW parade, but we were all so hot & hungry! I personally thought this park was way hotter than AK. I don’t know if it was the lack of shade, maybe? Or the fact that ALL the shows are outside!! Anyway, we really enjoyed lunch. We were about 20 minutes early for our ADR, the only time this whole trip, & were seated immediately. It was fun to eat in a “car” and all the kids liked the sci-fi clips. I had the Beef & Blue, which was too yummy not to eat, so no pics. I think everyone else had burgers or kids’ pizza. Shakes for dessert. Yum-O!! None of my pics of the family in the car came out, but I did get a couple half-way decent ones of the screen. 

  

After lunch, the big boys took off to use some FPs for RnRc & get more for later, after running into some characters. I'm pretty sure there was a ToT FP set in there, somewhere, too. 

    

Jackson wants to go see LMA, so Danny takes him & Joshua over there for the 12:45 show, after stopping for caramel corn. What?? We JUST ate lunch!! Anyway, Emily really wanted to see the HSM3 show, so we head over there as it’s starting. I thought she wouldn’t be able to see a thing, but we squeezed in right on the side & she had some really good character interaction with the dancers. I was videoing it, so not a lot of pics, but I did get one! 

 

After that, we decided to go to see Muppetvision 3D. We really enjoyed it. I’ve heard lots of people don’t, but we thought it was cute. 

We had planned to meet everyone over at Indy for the 2:00 show. We just made it & had to stand in the back. Danny & the little boys, did not. Joshua had slept through LMA, though, so we didn’t have to leave right away. I wanted to ride RnRc, so we left the kids together & went to ride as a couple. Ahh, how sweet… well not so much. We both loved it, but the kids were nearly out of control by the time we were done! Bryce doesn’t do well being in charge of them. Why he didn’t just take them into the gift shop, I’ll never know. We decided to stop for ice cream on the way out & got some sticky photopass pics, too. Joshua was beginning to have a melt down by this point. He is not a fan of being tied down anywhere. Emily & Jackson were wiped out, too. We probably should have skipped Indy, in hindsight. 

We did not get character’s autographs. I just wasn’t about to spend cumulative hours waiting in lines, in the heat, to get them. I took some pics from afar & enjoyed the atmosphere & called it good. We were out of the park & at the cabins by 4. Break & swim. 

The big boys head back in at 6 to use up FPs & eat. I also sent them on a mission to get me a SWW t-shirt (size 2xl) and one for Jackson. They bring back a junior size. Do I look like I’m a junior size?? Even a 2XL junior?? No. They bring Jack a child’s XS. Really?? Bryce was with me when I was buying t-shirts for this trip. I always bought Emily & Jackson a youth lg. Do you even know what we look like? He made Jack try on the tee anyway. It would have fit Joshua. Really. I made him go back to trade the shirts in another day. I think I had forgotten them our other DHS day. It was a giant ordeal that I should’ve just handled myself. Live & learn. 

Anyway, my bright idea for dinner was for Danny or I to go over to Wilderness Lodge to grab CS from Roaring Forks. He was gone over an hour!!! Stupid boats, but I think he was ready for some alone time. We had really good sandwiches, Emily had a burger, and the little guys had their only PB&J of the whole trip. I loved the cabins at Ft Wilderness. Lots of privacy & Disney without being in a hotel setting, I guess. I just hate that their only counter service place closes at 5!!  That is just messed up. All of our table service meals I had planned to be lunches in the park, so unless we wanted to pay OOP, which we did not, we were out of luck. Disney really needs to rethink that plan. It was nice to head to DTD for dinner, but I really would have liked to be able to eat on site or in the cabin easily. 

After the late dinner, the kids were still asleep before 9. I think Bryce & Alec got home about 10, maybe. Would that be too late for us to make another MK rope drop in the morning?? 

No comments: