Monday, June 28, 2010

June 4 – Magic Kingdom 

We took our trusty golf cart down to the marina. The boat starts only 30 minutes before RD!! What?! Wait, I knew this. Calm down. We are there about 8:15 & are the first ones on the first boat. It’s a good thing the boat lets you off right near the turnstiles! We make it through security, AND through the turnstiles in plenty of time to see the opening show!! Lots of pixie dust that morning, that’s for sure. 

 

Ok, so my plan was for me to take the little kids, Emily, Jackson & Joshua, and race for Dumbo. Danny would get the stroller. Bryce & Alec were off to FP Space, then ride it. I had printed out the handy-dandy Noodle Station directions. This was his text when they got there: “Sa-weet spots. First to get fast passes though so not the first in standby.” And you’re complaining about that??? You get to ride multiple times with little wait? WHAT are you not understanding about the whole system!?!! Ok, so I was pretty pleased that they were the first to get FPs. AND that he realized it was pretty cool. He said later that everyone else just kept on going straight & looked like they didn’t know what they were doing.  

Ok, so here’s where I realized we should have come here first. My children are walking through CINDERELLA’S CASTLE!!! 

 

I was totally teary coming down Main Street. We got to Dumbo a little later than I would have liked. Because, well, 2 year olds are kind of slow. We only have a 10 minute wait, though, so I was sure Danny would catch up….Where is he? He’s going to miss Dumbo. The only ride Emily has wanted to do this whole trip. “Mommy, I don’t think I want to ride.” I hear coming from her sweet little lips, as we are about to get our little cards & get on. “Emily,” I say, “you’re riding this ride whether you want to or not.” And we did. Here's Cinderella's Castle from Dumbo. 

  

Oh, there’s Danny. What? You’re just now getting here? 

He got the stroller. Put the tag on. Wandered down Main Street & saw a cart serving oatmeal or something…and espresso. He stops. Gets some. Does he bring me any? No. There he is when we get off, sipping his tiny cup of actual espresso. Not magical. Not at all. 

Ok, I get over it & tell them Peter Pan is next!! Emily is kind of freaking out about whether or not it flies. I try to ignore her. Turns out, this might have been a mistake. She & Joshua both hate it. Jackson, Danny & I thought it was cool, but apparently flying in the dark is more than they can take. 

Off to Pooh!! This goes better, but Joshua is still a little shaken up when it gets dark. Emily was fine. Finally!! She tried to calm Joshua down, which helped. Ugh, my children, the ride wienies, everyone… 

It is now 9:40. Ok kids, lets go over here. <--- Minnie & Mickey live in here & there’s a roller coaster. We stroll over like I know what I’m doing. Hello 10 other people. We wait about 5 minutes, then we head on in. I have no desire to tell them about fairies or princesses or Mickey being here, so we go to Goofy’s Barnstormer. I try my best to get Emily to ride. No dice. Danny & Jackson ride twice without getting off. There are about 3 other people there. We wait. The CMs would have let them go again, but we decided we should go if we want to look at the houses. 

 

We went to see the houses & even did a Photopass picture behind Minnie’s house. 

   
   

Ok, so today we have a 10:50 ADR at Chef Mickey’s. My plan was to ride the train to Frontierland, ride BTMRR & meet the boys. We took the train. Which took forever. When we got there, it was raining & BTMRR was closed because of mechanical difficulties. Ugh. The boys had a set of Splash FPs as well as Space & had ridden Space, Indy, and Splash already. They said Indy was lame. Really? I'm pretty sure I told you so. It was about 10:30? So we just take the train to the front. Is that thing slow or is it just me? We decide to walk to Chef Mickey’s It’s like 5 miles!! With no stroller & Emily whining the whole time. Good grief. We finally get there & it’s probably 11? At least. I was worried we were too late, but they said “Not a problem,” & we were having our picture taken & being led to our table within 3 minutes. Not even enough time to sit down in the waiting area. 

The kids had a great time. Really good character interaction, & the food wasn’t bad, either. Not as good as the breakfast at Akershus, but good, none the less. The kids especially loved the breakfast pizza. We will have to try that at home, now. We did have a window seat with a view of the castle, which I didn’t take a picture of, but it was nice. 

   
   

I apologize for some of the pictures. I left the camera at the table when I went to get food, in case the characters came, & Alec grabbed it. He didn’t compensate for the sensor being off & got a little crazy with some of his angles. 

By the time we are done, it's about 12:20. Emily has a 12:50 appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the Castle, so we’re going back to MK for a little bit. We decide that instead of walking the 25 miles back, we would take the monorail. We had never ridden it before, so off we go. It’s kinda fun, though Emily kept asking what kind of ride it was before she would get on. GRR. Ok, this was a great idea…. Except the Monorail ahead of us has broken down. With us stuck in between the Poly & GF. Can I get a break today!? What happened to the Pixie Dust from RD? We are going to be so late for BBB… 

No comments: