Saturday, November 21, 2009

Refocus on Holiday Values

I am doing an online digital scrapbook class. Our first assignment is to think about our holiday values. Here it goes!

togetherness
peaceful
joyful
wonder
giving
friendship
gratitude

I would like for our family to be together during the holidays. Together & peaceful. It seems we get so stressed about everything, the tension overpowers everything else. I want everyone to feel welcome in our home. Not just during the holidays, but all the time. Our house is never perfectly clean, & I've learned to let it go. Not that I'm such a perfectionist, but it doesn't bother me for people to come over when it's not perfect. I want to be able to look back on the season & remember it fondly. That will probably mean a lot more effort on my part & more organization, too. http://christmas.organizedhome.com/

I would also like to foster some adult friendships. I have felt, for most of my adult life, that I don't really have many friends. At times, none. I am really missing that, as my children are getting older, especially. I want to take advantage of any time adults get together. Maybe even set something up ourselves.

We are starting a new tradition with these magic elves. I hope to bring some more fun into the season for us. Instead of just the anticipation for the kids & being told not to touch the decorations. They can have fun with it everyday. This is the season for joy. We should all be more joyful, instead of more stressed. After all, we are celebrating Jesus' birth!!

We need to continue to have family game night through the season & also take time to do Christmas things like look at lights & maybe drive around during the day to look at decorations. I want Bryce to be involved in all of this, since he will be off to college next year.

No comments: